Team Secretary for Real Estate Department
Legal Secretary required for a new job opportunity in Sheffield - maternity cover £18,000 -£19,000
Your new company
Working for an outstanding law firm in Sheffield city centre you will be part of a busy and commercial business.
This position is to start with immediate effect and the main purpose of the role will be to provide support on a long term contract until Spring 2018 as a Legal Secretary for the Real Estate department.
Your new role
This role is available to start in with immediate effect and successful applicants will ideally be able to start work with immediately and not be on long notice. This role is initially a maternity contract into Spring 2018 but subject to performance and the discretion of the business could provide long term career prospects and access to other opportunities within the business.
This position will provide crucial legal secretarial support to the Real Estate Department . This will be a busy role with plenty of opportunities to work with directly with clients and as part of a friendly team.
Ideally you will have previous experience as a Legal Secretary , Real Estate experience would be preferable but not essential, other legal department experience will be considered.
You will be able to demonstrate upon application having held a similar role previously and be able to complete the duties of the role as outlined below;
- Full Legal Secretarial support to a busy Real Estate team
- Diary management- arranging client meetings and internal meetings / conferences
- Dealing with team billing , producing regular reports and handing billing queries
- Audio and copy typing of correspondence and legal documentation
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute or more with a high degree of accuracy
- Updating and maintenance of contracts database
- Production of client bundles
- Arranging and assisting with the preparation of trial bundles
- Completion of legal forms using laser forms
- Assisting the Executive Secretary with any admin duties required
- General secretarial support
- Use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Deal room would be advantageous
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful applicant you have excellent IT skills and be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, you will also have an accurate typing speed of 60 words or more . You will have excellent organisation skills, be a fantastic communicator with good time management skills.
You will be available for a contract and not be on a long notice ideally.
What you'll get in return
Long term contract until Spring 2017
Competitive salary £18,000 - £19,000
Full time hours Monday - Friday 9.30 - 5.30
City centre location
Excellent facilities and benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.