Client Accounts Team Leader
I am currently recruiting a Client Accounts Team Leader to be based in the City of London, working for a global property management company.
My client is a global property management company with a turnover of $4 billion, and employ over 40,000 staff across 75 countries worldwide.
Due to a maternity contract they are now looking to hire a Client Accounts Team Leader on a12 month contract.
This will be based in the City of London
Client Accounts Team Leader, City of London
To support the Client Accounts manager by:
Assisting in the management of a Client Accounting team in order to meet client targets, service levels and to ensure continuity of service delivery;
Ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements, including those of HM Revenue & Customs and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors are satisfied for the company and its clients.
- Working with the Associate Directors and Manager of Client Accounts to create an industry leading Client Accounts team, which is considered a centre of Excellence both internally and externally.
- Actively manage team member's workloads and liaise with the client accounts manager on a regular basis.
- To assist the client accounts manager in the recruitment, training, retention and motivation of the team in order to develop commitment and high performance.
- Responsibility for the six monthly performance appraisals of the team.
- Assisting in the management of development plans, poor performance and disciplinary issues.
- Learn and be able to undertake all duties performed within the Accountant and Administrator role.
- To take on responsibility for the client accounts for specified portfolios, including trial balance reporting, nominal ledger reconciliations, VAT reporting, funding reviews and ensuring client deadlines are met.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure KPI's are achieved and aim to exceed expectations.
- Be the main point of contact for the client/s for the day to day running of the portfolio.
- Liaise with and support Surveyors on the portfolio, acting on requests and providing information in a timely manner.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Ensure preparation and review of quarterly cash analyses for all cash held.
- Work with the team to ensure there are no backlogs of work.
- Ensure strong communication links are established and maintained with the client accounts managers and team.
- Identify and suggest improvements to standardise, streamline and simplify working procedures.
- Effectively manage risk by complying with Company and legislative procedures and controls, including ISAE3402. Identify problem areas and escalate issues promptly.
- Any other accounting duties necessary to ensure the efficient running of the portfolio.
Leadership experience preferred.
Preferable, recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) preferable or substantial accounting and/or management operations experience.
Knowledge of property accounts and VAT preferred but not essential.
Excellent Excel skills, to pivot table, VLookup level.
Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required and knowledge of client systems (Yardi/MRI/Horizon) would be advantageous.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi task and effectively prioritise.
Organised and able to work to detail and to deadlines.
The successful candidate will be paid between £35,000 - £40,000