Field Visiting Officer - Bristol
£20k basic + £5k-£6k Uncapped Commission & Benefits
About the role:
Are you looking to work in a field based role?
Do you have experience of dealing with general public and handling difficult situations?
We are currently looking to recruit a Visiting Officer to join our field based TV Licensing visiting team working across the Bristol area on the BBC TV Licensing contract. You will play a key part in maximizing revenue for the BBC whilst maintaining an effective deterrent against licence evasion.
Working hours are as follows:
- 37.5 hours per week - Flexible shift pattern between the hours of 8am to 9pm Mon to Sat and 9am to 6pm Sunday.
- You must be able to work 4 x 5 hour blocks during what we call the 'green zone', (the times when people are at home) which is from 4pm - 9pm weekdays or any 5 hour blocks at the weekend.
- You will work 4 late nights through the week or work on the weekend if you would prefer.
About Capita | TV Licensing Partnership:
The TVL Partnership works on behalf of one of the most respected and recognised brands in the World and is responsible for the administration of the TV Licence in the UK. We have over 25 million customers and collect over £3.7 billion every year.
Capita currently administer the TV Licensing service, alongside managing the collection of TV license revenue. In partnership with the BBC, Capita is harnessing the latest technologies to ensure a highly customer centric service that creates value for the BBC and its customers.
Capita Customer Management is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
What you will do:
- You will conduct door to door visits to properties where no TV License is registered and enforce prosecution proceedings by taking statements under caution.
- You will explain and sell the benefits of all licence payment schemes and take and record payment details.
- You will accurately record visit details and complete daily timesheets via a handheld device.
- There may be a need of some occasions to attend court and give evidence in prosecution cases
- Maintain an effective deterrent against evasion of the TV licence
- Maximise sales for the BBC
- Enforce prosecution proceedings by taking statements under caution
- Update and improve the TV licensing database
- Meets defined performance targets
- Controls are generally in place to monitor quality and quantity of output
- To ensure all direct reports Group Essential Training is up to date
- To ensure all direct reports demonstrate compliance with TVL information security policies
- Carry out work and attend meetings as directed by the Visiting Manager
Your experience will include:
- Full driving licence and own vehicle - mileage expenses will be paid.
- Applicants must live in a Bristol postcode area
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed set goals and targets
- Perseverance with the ability to work unaccompanied and in all weathers
- Demonstrate detailed product knowledge after training
- A flexible approach to attendance patterns that will include working evenings and weekends to maximise results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm and professional during all situation
- Ability to deal with conflict and aggressive people
- Good standard of secondary education
- Good communication skills and the ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to assimilate and produce performance data
- Good presentational skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 20 day's holiday plus Bank Holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.