Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Category Specialist to join our team in Southgate, North London. As a Category Specialist you will provide procurement process support to Category Managers. You will coordinate, propose and monitor adherence to procurement policies, processes and procedures, and you will coordinate and generate procurement management information.
About the job:
- Conducting procurement research and tendering activities in line with category plan requirements.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures, external regulations and legislation.
- Propose and support the implementation of common processes and procedures for the procurement team.
- Coordinate the development processes to support the use of the eProcurement module.
- Research, propose and develop procurement and purchasing products, services and processes.
- Develop communication strategies for contract mobilisation.
Analyse data and produce management information as required by Category Managers.
- Developed knowledge of Procurement processes and procedures.
Knowledge of contract law, standard forms of contracting and regulatory/ legislative requirements and the consequence of non-compliance.
- Project Management.
- Planning, organising, decision-making, negotiating, influencing and relationship / partnership building.
- Analytical and problem solving capability, and numeracy skills.
- Communication skills with the ability to articulate sensitive and technical information to internal and external audiences.
- Experience of meeting KPI targets and service standards in a commercial environment.
- Procurement research, developing innovative solutions and contributing to the strategic planning process.
- Preferably qualified to a degree level.
- Advantageous to have membership of (or be working towards membership of) CIPS.
**Shortlisting for this role will take place on 23rd May**
**Interviews will take place on 31st May, 1st and 2nd June**
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!