Qualified Engineering Surveyor
We are looking for a self-motivated engineering inspector required to lead and develop a new service stream for an established aerospace maintenance business.
You will carry out high quality inspections and surveys of various types of engineering tooling and equipment, lifting equipment and cranes, pressure vessels and motorised plant.To test and certify all asset types are compliant to the relevant regulations and be comfortable to quarantine those that are not.Produce detailed and comprehensive written reports.Work as a team on site and in conjunction with back of house contract support staff.Build and maintain professional working relationships with multiple different customers, across many sites.
The role will be predominantly based around London Heathrow on a mobile basis, with the requirement for occasional national works as required. The role calls for an engineering inspector who has demonstrable experience within a similar environment and the appropriate qualifications and certifications to be self-sufficient in the provision of LOLER and PUWER engineering inspection duties, testing and inspection of lifting equipment and workshop tooling under LOLER and PUWER. The majority of these services will be carried out on site with the use of our service vehicle.
Initially this will be a singular role, with superb opportunity to grow and develop with the role as the business develops and the team grows.
• Work with the management to structure the business correctly, ensuring processes, systems, governance and reporting are in place from a compliance and audit perspective.
• Work with management to help develop new business leads and grow existing contracts.
• Ensure customer satisfaction at all times and demonstrate a 'can do’ attitude, with a strong commercial understanding of risk
• Manage day to day work load to ensure jobs are delivered on time and within budget.
• Provide regular updates to the business on works progress and any risk to the business
• Hold ONC/HNC/HND/IEng or comparable in mechanical engineering.
• Demonstrable recent working background with comparable industry/organisation.
• LEEA Certified to a minimum of Lifting Equipment General & Lifting Machines Manual.
• Confident communicator with clear working understanding of H&S Requirements, LOLER & PUWER98 regulations.
• Strong planning and self-motivational skills.
• Strong IT and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a high pressure operational environment, with excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent customer service skills - with proven ability to build and maintain relationships.
• Hold a current clean UK driving licence.
• Requirement to provide a 5 year uninterrupted reference.
• Successful completion of Criminal Record Check at basic disclosure level is mandatory.
• Compliance with non-smoking, alcohol and drug free policy.
• Good eye sight and hearing.
• Must be able to carry out role within airport environment.
• Compliance with company administrative procedures.
Personal Requirements: Minimum NVQ3/HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline. Understanding of the aerospace industry/customers would be advantageous. Industry specific qualification/competent person certification in LOLER/PUWER inspections.
Minimum 3 years post qualification experience in equipment surveying inspecting. Clear and demonstrable understanding of the H&S at Work Act 1974, PUWER & LOLER Regulations 1998 and specialist understanding of the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 would be advantageous. Comfortable with IT systems and use of hardware of a day-to-day basis. Confident verbal and written communication skills, with good report writing abilities.
Full clean UK driving licence. No personal situation that would cause the candidate to be unable to secure airport security passes. Possibility for occasional travel, working away and overnight stays.