Finance Assistant - Lichfield - Temp
Our new well established client based in Lichfield is looking for a local Finance Assistant to join their team on a temporary basis.
Main duties and responsibilities involve:
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the production of monthly management accounts.
- Invoicing and data processing data
- Uploading information onto the In house systems and Sage Line 50.
- Uploading invoices and any other payments through Sage Line 50 and Bankline.
- Assisting with the cash counting from donations and services.
- Providing advice to the commercial areas regarding cashing up.
- Assisting with banking and change runs as required.
- Processing cheques, including banking and recording
- Processing the Gift Aid and recording against designated funds.
- Reviewing spreadsheets and other forms of recording information to ensure formulas are correct.
- Working alongside the staff team to use Purchase Orders.
- Assist with the creation of the Management accounts.
- Working with all departments chasing payments
- Provide reports and financial information when required.
- Reviewing the company’s financial policies to ensure financial management is in line with the procedures.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages, in particular excel
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to engage with the suppliers in a positive manner.
- Experience of Sage accounting packages.
- Knowledge of VAT legislation and Gift Aid
- Working with EPOS system.
Hours of work: Mon - Fri - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm 35 hours per week
Salary: 20-25k depending on experience and qualification