Head of Finance - Supply Chain
International Listed Retailer based in London is looking for a Head of Finance to partner their complex Supply Chain & Logistics Directorate.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role has financial responsibility responsibility for the end-to-end supply chain - from the sourcing of the product to delivery into stores. The role business-partners the Logistics Director and the Logistics Leadership team, as well as the Sourcing Directors and the overseas Sourcing Offices.
You will be accountable for an annual cost base of c. £0.4bn and significant capital investment, as well as supporting the delivery of the buying margins. You will be required to deliver an accurate and timely P&L and Balance Sheet position for the logistics cost base and the Sourcing offices, insightful reporting to drive improved commercial decision-making and to evaluate investment cases for service and cost opportunities identified to improve the the Supply Chain.
- Business partnering to the Director of Logistics and the Logistics Leadership team, to ensure all key decisions / strategies are driving commercial value. The individual will build strong relationships within Logistics, the Finance Group and across the wider business
- Business partnering the two Sourcing Directors and the 5 Sourcing offices, to ensure the business delivers their buying margin targets. This includes accountability for currency forecasting and resulting FX movement impact to the P&L and working with the treasury team to deliver the company hedging.
- Maintain and develop all financial controls to ensure continued compliance to financial policies and procedures including the Group Accounting Manual and Investment Policy. Identify and communicate risks and opportunities within the business on a continuous basis, driving a no surprise culture through in-depth understanding and great communication
- Ownership of quarterly, annual and long range financial plans including analysis and commentary. Responsible for ensuring full buy in and ownership from stakeholders, influencing the setting and delivery of stretching & achievable targets
- Financial management of Supply Chain P&L & balance sheet including contract negotiation with 3PLs
- Insightful reporting and analysis of the Logistics cost base including leading regular financial reviews. This will include highlighting key cost drivers and cost to serve by business unit and channel, in order to challenge and influence commercial decisions taken to improve performance. Ongoing review of reporting / insight to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Understanding and removal of non-value added activity to drive efficiency
- Evaluate network strategy and other investment opportunities. Offer financial expertise, including robust challenge, to ensure stretching but deliverable investment cases are presented for signoff
- Governance and reporting of all investments, ensuring financials are accurately tracked and PIR's completed with any learnings fed in to future projects
- Lead, develop and motivate team to support delivery of all agreed objectives in a way that is aligned to corporate and Finance Group values. Identify and progress areas for personal development
We are looking for a proven senior finance leader with commercial experience gained in a Supply Chain environment. You will be able to drive the Logistics Finance agenda, and translate operational activity into financial impact.
On offer is a competitive package and the opportunity to join the leadership team with a Global Retail Leader.