Clinical Nurse Specialist - Pain Management
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Pain Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our clients hospital.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will work as a core member of the multi-disciplinary team using your clinical expertise to co-ordinate high quality care and treatment of patients requiring Pain services across the facility. This will include supporting both pre-operative assessment and post-operative care of patients including follow up after discharge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To act as a role model and provide supervision in the clinical area demonstrating advanced clinical specialist skills in order to provide the highest standard of individualised evidence based, patient centred care while supervising the work of others.
- Promoting the educational programme within the hospital working closely with our fantastic Nursing teams, Consultants and other Healthcare Professionals.
- Support of Acute, Chronic & End of life pain management.
- To assist in compliance with National Regulations including NICE guidance and CQC expectations within the field of Pain nursing management.
- To assist in audit of the inpatient service, including patient satisfaction and patient outcome measures. To act on results of audit in collaboration with colleagues to continually monitor and develop the service.
- To identify staff training needs, and provide group and individual teaching to nursing staff on aspects of pain care, to support the development of specialist knowledge.
Skills and Experience
- NMC registered Nurse.
- Acute Surgical or Critical Care background is advantageous.
- Experience at a similar level with extensive relevant post registration experience.
- Post basic qualification in clinical speciality related to practice area (pain management qualification).
- Recognised teaching qualification or evidence of Masters level learning would be advantageous.
- Confident decision maker, with a focus on improvement and development.
- Excellent communication with effective management, problem solving and decision making skills.