Vehicle Technician Dealership
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN (Level 3)
Salary £23,000pa - £35,0000 OTE (Very Achievable)
Location: BRAINTREE, ESSEX
Your role as a Technician / MOT Tester will carry out all tests, confirm test results and sign test certificates - ultimately being responsible for all decisions on passing/failing ever testable item during the testing.
You will also be tasked to communicate effectively with customers to advise on work carried out and retain their business by providing a consultative and friendly service:
- To ensure that all repairs are carried out correctly, first time.
- To carry out a vehicle health check on every vehicle, completing the appropriate form and passing this onto the Workshop Controller.
- To ensure all labour is recorded on job cards via the clocking system, for invoicing purposes, whether chargeable or not.
- To correctly record all material usage for each job.
- To ensure write ups on job cards are accurate, to include fault, diagnosis and rectification.
- To correctly document warranty work in line with manufacturer’s policy and procedures.
- To ensure all vehicles requiring road testing are tested in full accordance with current road traffic regulations and legislation.
- Ensuring all Company Health & Safety procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To minimise wastage of all materials, oils and fluids and to care for and correctly use all tools and equipment belonging to the dealership.
- To ensure the workshop and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To protect customers’ vehicles in line with company procedures, including seat covers and floor mats.
- To undertake training, either in-house or externally, as and when required and to support and assist with the development and training of apprentices from time to time, as required.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance, ensuring corporate workwear and PPE is worn at all times and kept in good condition.
- Wheel Alignment
- Basic & Advanced Suspension
- Basic & Advanced Brakes
- Approval by VOSA to conduct Class IV - Vehicle Inspections
LEVEL 3 Vehicle Technician Qualification Essential
Experience at Independent Garages are welcome as long as you have a good working history
The successfully candidate will work well within a team, have excellent communication, attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines. The successfully candidate must also be organised and punctual with a drive to succeed, ensuring maximum efficiency and utilisation of time.
To apply please call or send your CV to Mandy Grant – - Tel: (Mobile Friendly) Mobile -