Functional Skills Tutor - Apprenticeship Assessor
Functional Skills Tutor
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Location: Office base in Peterlee, Durham but covering the North East area.
Sector: Training, Apprenticeships & Employability Programme
This is a permanent opportunity for an established Assessor to teach and assess Functional Skills English / Math’s / ICT to learners on vocational programmes. This position will be working for an accredited training and employment agency that specialise in the provision of apprenticeships, work based learning and job focused employability programme.
You will have a secure support structure in place to enable you to manage your own caseloads and well known brand with a good reputation to represent.
Ideally, the candidate shall have A1, a Teaching Qualification and have experience in delivering Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
- Carry out initial and diagnostic assessments
- Teach and assess Functional Skills English / Math’s / ICT to learners on vocational programmes.
- To support vocational tutors within curriculum areas to embed Functional Skills in schemes of work and lesson plans.
- To support any learners who have additional learning needs.
- Meet external standards for any course delivery
- Ensure all documentation meets funding body standards and compliance
- Assess and sign off candidate portfolios
- Provide Information, Advice and Guidance to allow candidates to progress
- Responsible for all standardisation of Functional Skills
- To support tutors to reach the desired level to teach functional skills
Essential Skills and attributes: -
- Confident and experienced in teaching/lecturing
- Relevant Cert Ed or appropriate Basic Skills Teaching Qualification eg. C&G, RSA or TEFL
- Functional Skills qualifications
- Excellent Communication skills
- Effective Report writing skills
- Ability to use IT systems effectively
Desirable Skills and attributes: -
- Assessing qualification
- First Degree or equivalent
- Information, Advice and Guidance qualification
- Knowledge of Internal Quality Assurance processes
- Hours = 37.5 hours per week
- Mileage = 40p per mile