Quantity Surveyor (Project Level)
Main Contractor - Residential - New Build - £5m - £100m + - Project Quantity Surveyor
One of the UK's largest privately owned construction development organisations have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor (Project Level) to join their commercial outfit in East London. This Quantity Surveyor will be joining an organisation with over 4,000 employers with presence all around the UK with a wide range of services. These services include Construction, Education, Housing Maintenance, Residential, Property Services and Frameworks.
The Project QS will be joining the Residential division where its focus is on new-build & partnership housing developments, reiterating their long term commitment by building additional and improved homes within the public and private sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with a track record of running your own projects who wants the chance to join an outstanding Main Contractor, one that will provide you with the support and exposure that you need to develop into a more Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Role: Quantity Surveyor (Project Level)
Projects: New Build
Values: £5m - £100m +
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be reporting to the Commercial Manager and your duties will be:
- Build and maintain working relationships with supply chain and clients
- Submit external valuations, making sure they meet the conditions of the main contract
- Complete CVC reports
- Monitor and manage the scope, notices, terms and conditions of the Sub Contracts
- Manage and minimise non recoverable costs on projects
- Price and agree all project variations
- Place supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule
- Provide commercial expertise
- Value, certify and issue subcontractors
- Full responsibility for the projects cash position
- Car/Car Allowance
- Generous Holiday
- Minimum 4 years' experience
- Good organisational skills
- Previous experience running own projects
- Solid experience in new build residential
- MRICS or MCIOB or working towards
- Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and specifications
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Construction related degree or working towards.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Valid Driving Licence
- Appropriate CSCS card
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor, looking at your career options, then please contact Sam Patuzzo at Brandon James.
Quantity Surveyor/ Project Quantity Surveyor/ Residential / New Build / East London