Account Manager - Enterprise
Account Manager - Enterprise
Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £35,000 + company car/allowance + uncapped commission OTE c£48.5k + benefits
With over 20 years of heritage, our client has a global outlook and delivers technology products and services to an extensive customer base of over 3,500 private and public sector organisations. Their award winning business prides itself on investing in great people and putting value into relationships with its own innovation, commitment and integrity.
They now have an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and growing IT Services, Solutions and Procurement provider as an Account Manager, securing profitable new business and generating additional business from existing accounts.
The role covers 3 areas of the business sector; the private sector, public sector and midmarket (customers with >200 employees) as an Account Manager you will sell IT services and solutions from a broad portfolio of offerings.
You will work closely with the Pre-Sales and Sales Specialists and other colleagues in a highly collaborative environment to identify opportunities, close deals and deliver solutions.
The role is depending on the sectors will be a mixture of new business and account management, aiming to work to 4 days spent in the field and 1 day in the Birmingham office.
This is an exciting time to get involved, with the launch of the Company’s ever expanding procurement digital marketplace.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Working in a team of six, the successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the IT B2B sales industry and proven experience of strategically selling IT services and solutions face to face to a variety of sized businesses
- Experience of selling products and solutions in an SME IT solutions environment to companies in excess of 200 employees
- Minimum 12 months experience in a Business Development or Account Management field based role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- An understanding of the IT sales lifecycle from customer reviews through to delivery and support
- Team targets are split according to business sectors, experience and key skills of the individual
- A proven ability to identify new sales opportunities and progress through to close, whilst using initiative to cross and upsell
- Proactive approach to winning new business using in-house CRM system
- Attending nationwide client meetings to secure new business
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills at all multiple levels
- An understanding of sales strategy, target setting and forecasting
- A commitment to customer service excellence
- Must be a proactive self-starter with ambition and drive to succeed
- Must have the ability to promote business through networking events and tradeshows
- Able to monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
- Full UK driving licence
- Analytical skills to include data recording, analyse, reporting and detailed gap analyses
- Up to £35,000 base salary OTE £48,500 if target achieved
- Company car or car allowance
- Uncapped commission scheme
- 23 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Option to buy up to 5 days and sell up to 3 days holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Tailored Benefits Platform - includes discounts on retail and leisure
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Brand new city centre office location - including shower facilities, secure lockers for bikes and onsite café