Qualified Accountant - ACCA / CIMA
Job Title: Qualified Accountant - ACCA / CIMA - You MUST be qualified AND managed a team
Part Qualified / Finalists will be auto-rejected
Location: Milton Keynes - occasional travel to London, Cambridge & Belfast (2/3 days a month)
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 DOE + £5,100 Flexible Benefit, 25 days’ annual leave PLUS bank holidays, pension AND other benefits
Job Type: PERMANENT
Job Reference: PH9236
This Shared Services Organisation requires a Manager to lead the Client and Control Accounting Teams. The role involves overall ownership of all services, SLA’s and KPI’s, within the remit of the Client and Control Accounting teams.
Qualifications / Requirements
- CIMA / ACCA Qualified
- Experience within a Professional Services Company and managing client bank accounts would be of great interest - this is not an essential requirement
- Good understanding of SAP (ideally), specifically in General Ledger accounting
- Previous experience of working within an accounting function
- Demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems
- Experience of Continuous Service Improvement
- Excellent numerical/analytical skills
- Strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills showing attention to detail and customer focus, actively seeks to understand client’s needs and priorities
- Takes a strategic view on advising clients, proactively identifying solutions
- A professional, friendly and approachable manner coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, especially when under pressure
- Good listener with a calm manner, and the ability to ask effective questions
- Promotes mentoring and coaching and can realise the potential of others
- Encourages a culture of innovation and inspires others to improve working methods of the team; is open, receptive and adaptable to change
- Has the ability to monitor and apply department budget
- Previous experience of managing a team within a finance function
Excellent Service and Relationship Management - Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including Contact to Cash Managers, Procure to Pay Manager, Finance and others as appropriate.Identify and understand customer needs beyond what has been requested - Provide high quality advice and guidance on a wide range of queries covering the whole range of Client and Control Accounting.
Team Development and Management - Supervision of teams to establish workloads and manage resource.Responsible for performance management of direct reports, including regular check ins, development and feedback. Play a key coaching role with all team members by providing support as appropriate. Be a role model and advocate of the SSO operating model to all team members
Compliance & Risk Management - Ensure compliance with the Firm’s financial controls. Manage and understand risk to the business for all areas of the Firm, liaising with risk teams as appropriate. Responsibility for ensuring all processes and procedures within UK remit are documented as per the guidelines, are adhered to and up to date. Keep abreast of policy and process developments and ensure knowledge management systems are updated to reflect this.
Continuous Service Improvement - Produce and review weekly / monthly management information for discussion with other manager / team leaders in order to identify process improvement issues or learning needs. Contribute to on-going process improvement activities, and other projects arising. Proactively seek process improvements and establish agreed best practice going forward.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this role.