Solid Recruitment Solutions are working with a rapidly growing building services company who have offices across the UK and work on a wide range of infrastructure solutions Europewide. This is a £40 million turn over company who have some of the most interesting projects and clients.
They are currently looking for an experience Estimator to join their team near Chichester to be part of their highly qualified and knowledgeable team.
Salary circa £45,000 per annum, plus car, laptop and mobile phone
Overview of the position of Estimator:
- Be the main point of contact for tender management/submission/analysis.
- Manage current and future tenders methodically liaising with in-house and subcontractors.
- Take commercial responsibility with regards to planning work load and resources.
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager in forecasting company cash flow.
Requirements for the position of Estimator:
- Ideally minimum of 5yrs experience in tender and bid package environments with values ranging from £100k to £5m
- A broad knowledge of main contractor work packages (Mechanical, electrical & ventilation desirable)
- Main contracting background
- Able to carry out measurement, take offs and pricing in a variety of formats
- Working knowledge of building contracts (JCT / NEC3 desirable)
- The ability to manage multiple tenders concurrently
- Extremely strong maths and IT skills
- Have a practical approach when required
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Degree qualified (industry relevant degree) is desirable
- Member of professional body (CIOB or RICS)
- Valid CSCS card
- Keen desire to develop CPD