Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist
Job Title: Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist
Salary: £30K - £40K
This is an outstanding opportunity to take your career to the next level with a successful, well reputed and caring employer based in Staffordshire.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity and are looking for an experienced geotechnical engineering professional. As a Senior member of the team, you will be responsible for providing geotechnical input into the assessment, design and management of ground engineering projects. The role will focus on undertaking ground investigations, factual and interpretative reporting, geotechnical modelling, earthworks and slope inspections and assessments, and the preparation of geotechnical design report. Whilst your key skills will lie in geotechnics, familiarity with geo-environmental issues is desirable. Knowledge and experience of ground improvement techniques, including, design, specification and validation would be a benefit.
In addition to your technical role, you will assist in the day to day operational management of the workload of your team, mentoring more junior staff, including staff scheduling and co-ordination of resources.
1. You will hold a BEng, BSc or higher technical qualification in a relevant subject in geotechnical, geology, civil engineering, environmental science etc.
2. Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer/Geologist status.
3. Relevant experience, ideally gained in ground investigation design and supervision, interpretation, geotechnical and earthworks design and reporting.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Good analysis and technical capability in MS Word. Experience of MS Excel, AutoCAD and geotechnical assessment and modelling would also be desirable.
6. Knowledge and experience of geotechnical design software would be a benefit.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.