Director - Planning and Forecasting
Due to the relocation of the commercial finance team to the UK an exciting new senior role exists to Direct the Global Financial Planning and Analysis function to deliver management with the Annual Operating Plan, Five-year Strategic Plan, robust forecasts, and other routine and ad hoc financial analysis. You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
About the Role
You will be responsible for maintaining focus on process development as well as improving insight and analysis to drive performance. You will need to identify issues, analyse the numbers, and help shape and define the financial targets across the group.
- Finance lead on global financial planning activities including quarterly bottoms up forecast, annual operating plan and strategic plans.
- Develops strong relationships with the finance & business community to understand the drivers of performance and provide robust forecasting analysis to executive management.
- Supports executive management with the development of clear external guidance for investors.
- Develops analysis to facilitate the definition of financial targets across the group.
- Develops insightful analysis to facilitate decision making and optimal resource allocation across the group
- Builds understanding of complex issues using rigorous analytical models and approaches to evaluate business opportunities, resource allocation decisions and productivity initiatives
- Anticipates business trends, assesses risks and opportunities and recommends solutions and contingency plans to ensure financial and business objectives are met
- Assists in the preparation for Board meetings, earnings releases and conference calls, and other presentations on an ad hoc basis
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with relevant PQE in Global FP&A roles, ideally gained in the pharmaceutical or related industry. You should possess strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to gain credibility, buy in and influence as necessary. Results orientated you should have a proven commercial track record and the ability to identify and drive process improvements.
Things you should know
Commutable from: Addlestone, Aldershot, Alton, Andover, Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Dorking, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Reading, Slough, Staines, Sunbury, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)