Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Category Manager to join our team to be based in either Southgate, North London or Nottingham.
As a Category Manager you will develop and lead a specific strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
We are looking for the right one person with significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising: advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and marketing plans, business accounting.
And also significant Project Management experience - the ability to manage large complex projects, involving personnel from many disciplines/departments in client organisations and suppliers.The ability to visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts and to make logical considered decisions based on the available information. Proficiency in the use of e-commerce tools, E-tendering, E-auctions.
About the job:
- Through a category management approach to managing expenditure identify and deliver significant improvement in value for money and customer satisfaction
- Engage with senior level colleagues to ensure organisational and functional requirements are understood and incorporated into category plans.
- Ensure a detailed understanding of the expenditure within the category, the suppliers, the products and services, the value for money and the existing supplier performance.
- Understanding current & future customer needs, constraints, innovation and developing fit for purpose requirement specifications.
Managing markets through in depth understanding, influence and development of purchasing strategies to obtain the most economical offers and contract with suppliers.
- Develop robust implementation plans and communications, supporting the implementation process and managing uptake.
- Monitoring supplier and MHT performance and seeking ways to optimise new contract.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate procurement regulations, other relevant legislation and internal financial procedures.
- Senior specialist commercial / industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Masters or degree level qualification plus senior specialist procurement knowledge and experience.
- MHT Standing Financial Instructions, EU procurement directives and UK legislation, eg TUPE, Competition Act, Race Relations, Data Protection, Freedom of Information, etc.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Code of Ethics.
- Category knowledge within the market managed, in all aspects of the market, which also requires engineering knowledge, product knowledge, manufacturing processes, supply chain.
**Shortlisting for this role will take place on 23rd May**
**Interviews will take place on 31st May, 1st and 2nd June**
Please note the salary is between £50,000 - £55,000 depending upon location.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!