Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our team in Southgate, North London. The Assistant Accountant will support the accountants in providing a cohesive and comprehensive financial of management accounting service. Post-holders will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the accounting entries. In addition they will be responsible for ensuring month end close happens on a timely basis.
About the job:
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as required in accordance with the month end time table and ensure errors are identified and rectified in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets, re-forecasts and management accounts
Complete accurate working papers to support figures used in the financial statements
- Keep organised filing to ensure documentation can be easily found
Assist with tasks required for the successful completion of the statutory accounts
- Account for items found on reconciliations in the correct manner
- Assist with the production of the monthly Management Accounts
- Produce performance management information as required
- Process month end journals
- CCAB part-qualified accountant or commitment to studying a professional qualification
- Experience of completing complex reconciliations
- Experience of preparing either financial or management accounts
- Understanding of the General Ledger
- Understanding of the construction of a Chart of Accounts
- Experience of using Oracle Financials or similar financial software package
- Experience of working in a Registered Social Landlord environment or affinity for work in the sector
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to create positive relationships with finance and non-finance staff
**Shortlisting for this role will take place on 19th May**
**Interviews will take place on 24th and 25th May**
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!