Business Development Manager
Business Development - "Learning Services" - Banking - London £60,000 + OTE+ Benefits
Working a leading global learning and development provider to the financial industry.
There will be extensive opportunities for international travel as well as a position of responsibility and personal development through coaching the junior sales people.
The role will involve a large focus on new business development, from both existing and new clients, with a special focus on expanding market share in the developed banking markets such as UK, UAE, Hong Kong and Singapore.
* Proactively approaching all departments within target banks via telephone, LinkedIn, email and other methods to identify & execute sales opportunities
* Managing the full sales process from lead to contract, with active reporting of the pipeline and forecasts to Head of Sales
* Building deep and long-term client relationships based on trust and effectively networking across these clients up to the C-suite level
* Working closely with the Trainers, Logistics and Product team to execute & project manage large programmes
* Working closely with the Head of Sales supporting the sales team in developing robust customised learning solutions for clients
* Responding to RFPs through preparing & delivering quality, complex proposals to prospective clients
* Cross-selling across all Learning Solutions products and services
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* Proven track record of corporate B2B consultative sales experience (ideally 5+ years) in selling solutions ideally bespoke learning services to professional institutions
* Excellent proposal writing skills for complex RFPs (ability to synthesize the clients' needs into a bespoke document) and good presentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties
* Strong understanding of cutting edge L&D innovations and research including eLearning and blended learning
* Passion for product and the client, understanding what 'Development' and learning means to our clients (through their own experience)
* Ability to work pro-actively, multi task and work to tight deadlines in a fast paced, challenging environment.
* Ability to present convincingly, listening to their audience's needs and adapting their content accordingly
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £60,000.00 to £100,000.00