Key / Support Worker - Children's Services
Greenacre Care Services is a successful social care provider currently looking to recruit full time Key/Support Workers to work with our children within our residential children's home in the Brentwood area.
The main purpose of the Key/Support Worker is to support children within our service to ensure they receive the highest standard of support/care appropriate to their individual needs. The primary objective is to enable our children to become emotionally stable and self sufficient in order to live independently.
This position is a Full Time (40 hours contract) role with shifts issued on an as and when required basis. You will be required to work shifts including evenings, sleep inns, public holidays and weekends.
- Build and develop relationships with our children and encourage them to participate fully in the opportunities offered within the service
- Build strong working relationships with external agencies such as Local Authorities and other Health/Social Care professionals
- Conduct formal key work sessions with our children and produce reports for each session
- Have an understanding of, and to follow the required legislation, policies, processes and procedures set by the home to deliver your role effectively
- Be responsible for the effective Safeguarding of the young people within your care and understand how to raise any concerns
- Support our chiildren with everyday day tasks such as cooking, cleaning, medical appointments, meetings etc
- Experience of working with children that have severe social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties would be desirable, but not essential.
- A willingness to learning and make a difference is essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Qualifications or Training:
- NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Children and Young Persons Work Force or a willingness to work towards.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates offered employment will be subject to compulsory screening checks; this will include employment references and an Enhanced DBS check. Due to the high number of applications expected, if you do not hear from us within 4 week's please presume your application unsuccessful.