Marketing Manager - Part Time 3 days per week
Purpose of role:- Working closely with the directors and the sales team; plan marketing campaigns into target business segments, generate campaign materials, execute the campaigns using internal and external resources and report on the results.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and budgets in line with company objectives
- Plan appropriate collateral material (case studies, brochures, web site content, landing pages, email marketing tools).
- Develop and write the collateral material required to a high standard,
- Plan and implement PR and events
- Build the marketing/customer database using existing contacts and through new campaigns
- Conduct E marketing and direct marketing campaigns to the database following the marketing plan.
- Extend the marketing activities to social networks (focus on Linked in, Twitter).
- Using web and email analytics, PR and social media measurement tools report on the effectiveness and ROI of the marketing campaigns conducted.
- Enhance the database/materials and communication strategies using the feedback obtained.
- Quality of the marketing communication plans, are they specific, measurable, realistic and timely.
- Quality of the collateral materials produced. Do they represent the brand? Are they directly relevant to the customers, do they talk the customer’s language. Are they concise and well written?
- Is the CMS fully populated, up to date, and following the segment marketing plans?
- Do the marketing campaigns correspond directly with the sales requirements for awareness building, prospect acquisition, nurturing and pipeline acceleration?
- Are the campaign ROI reports produced in an accurate and timely way?
- Does the campaign ROI show continuous improvement, and are the lessons learned captured and acted upon?
- Is the social marketing activity relevant to the segment marketing plans, positive without being intrusive; and timely?
- Are external agencies selected and managed to provide great services and within budget.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrably able to write clear, good quality, interesting, English about company services
- Numerate, accurate and detail orientated, able to understand and manipulate marketing ROI data.
- PC literate, fluent in Word and Excel, at minimum, previous CRM and email marketing experience or the ability to learn on the job a must
- Experience of campaign management and optimisation
- Experience of selecting and managing external agencies.
- Marketing budget management experience
- Creative flair and a working knowledge of design packages
- Able to relate to and work as part of a small sales and marketing team
- A dynamic energetic individual able to work in a fast moving business without becoming flapped under pressure
- Self-motivated, able to execute against an agreed plan without close supervision
- CIM qualified or a marketing degree with a minimum of 5 years experience, preferable in a similar small fast moving business
- Live within commuting distance of Godalming
- Demonstrates a sense of humour and a sense of pride in the work and a passion to succeed