Job Description- CAD Technician
Here at Sharpfibre we are looking for an experienced CAD Draughtsman to join our growing team to help assist with high workloads.
The job requires good technical understanding, good communication skills and ability to speak and coordinate with customers and staff and 2D CAD experience. Good computer skills in MS office are essential.
Salary offered is £20,000 - £30,000 DOE.
Working hours will be 8:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
- To create 2D construction drawings using AutoCAD.
- To Create 3D models using Autodesk Revit- (desired but not essential).
- Create drawings and models from written and verbal specifications obtained from Project Managers and Estimators.
- Work with our clients regarding model accuracy, design, specification, drafting standards and design documentation.
- Work closely with Estimators, Project Managers and clients to ensure coordination design effort is maintained.
- Complete drawings within scope, budget and schedule.
- Review drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Apply modifications to drawings as required.
- Maintain all revisions of project drawings.
- Examine and check engineering drawings for compliance with cited specifications.
- Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the team.
- Participate in project meetings and conference calls as required.
- Conduct site surveys when necessary.
- Prepare engineering drawings/ documents for customer and manufacturer submittal.
- Update drawings/ Documentation to 'As Built’ status.
The ideal candidate must
- Have a good knowledge of Autodesk products such as AutoCad.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling with Revit- desired but not essential.
- Have a qualification within the construction industry such as HNC/HND.
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise high workloads.
- Have a good level of computer skills.
- Knowledge of fire protection- not essential as training will be provided.
- Salary £20,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
- Free Parking
- 20 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Sharpfibre is the UK’s leading specialist fire protection contractor providing passive fire protection systems and life safety solutions throughout the UK and Europe.
Formed in 1987, Sharpfibre is proud to be one of the longest established privately owned fire protection companies in its sector. Operating from its headquarters in Basildon and its offices in Swansea and Paris, Sharpfibre boasts a reputation for being the specialist fire protection contractor of choice when it comes to health and safety, service delivery and technical expertise. Working closely with our key supply chain partners, Sharpfibre provides the most cost effective, efficient and technically compatible fire protection solutions available on the market today.