Storesperson / Mechanical Assembler
Demob Job Reference: J3002
Job Title: Storesperson / Mechanical Assembler
Location: Crayford, Kent
Salary: £25,000 plus Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
Our client based in Crayford, Kent is a leading manufacturing company and now have an immediate requirement for a Storesperson / Electrical / Mechanical Assembler to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of good in and goods out tasks and assisting with the assembly of units and housing when required.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME), Royal Engineer, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role i.e. electrical / mechanical engineering and has carried out assembly work.
- The successful candidate will load and unload goods using a FLT.
- Goods inwards: unpack and check condition of parts, check against the purchase order and put goods into stock.
- Paint goods with protective coating as and when necessary.
- Goods outwards: pick parts from stock and either pack appropriately or if being shipped overseas, forward to packing company.
- Label and arrange collection by Transport Company.
- Perform annual physical stock checks.
- Keep shelves, warehouse and yard clean and tidy.
- Occasionally assist Site Engineer with jobs at customer sites, both in the UK and overseas.
- Assist the Mechanical Engineer with the assembly of machines for sale / refurbishment including process units, air classifiers and housing.
- Assembly of machinery from stock parts to standard drawings as and when required.
- Adhere to all health & Safety policies and procedures and fulfil the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and Environmental Legislation.
- The successful candidate must have a proven working background within electrical / mechanical engineering / engineering stores and have experience of assembly work.
- You must have extensive experience working within a similar environment in heavy engineering.
- FLT License is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
- Ability to work smart and use your own initiative.
- Adaptable and capable of working within a varied role.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings would be advantageous.
- Although not essential a proven working background as a Royal Engineer, REME Engineer, Marine Engineer or similar are encouraged to apply.
- £25,000 annual salary.
- Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm.
- 20 days holiday and 8 stats plus Christmas and New Year shut down.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Simply Health Cash Back Plan.
- Pension Scheme.
- Life Insurance.
- Great variety of work and an opportunity to join a reputable company.