Accounts Payable Assistant- immediate start
One of the UK Information Technology sector's leading success stories over the past 10 years, Harmonic's exclusive client offer a fantastic, fun working environment. The Finance Manager, FC and CFO are exceptional at what they do and genuinely care about supporting and developing their employees.
The main role of the Accounts Payable Assistant is to process supplier invoices and payments accurately, and on a timely basis whilst adhering to internal approval processes.
* Accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices: including multi-currency and intercompany transactions
* Understanding and adhering to the internal approval process from budget holders
* Accurate and timely processing of supplier payments: payment setup and posting of payment in the accounting system
* Correct accounting and timely recording for cash and credit card expenses via 3rd party expense platform (Concur/Kanoo); including posting into the accounting system
* Ownership of bi-monthly expense payments
* Liaising with the legal department to ensure the new suppler set up process is followed
* Identify opportunities to capitalise expenditure
* Maintenance of source document records including electronic copies
* Preparation of prepayments including reconciliations to nominal ledger
* Ownership and control of debit balances on the purchase ledger
* Credit card reconciliations to be performed ahead of month end
* CFO/FC to be sent supplier payment approval e-mails
* Ad hoc/additional requirements as requested by the Management Accounts team or the internal teams who may require details on supplier invoices/payments
* Supplier relationship maintenance
* Ability to advise finance teams on purchase ledger
* Involvement in the procurement / payment process
* Ad-hoc project work and process improvements
Start date: within 2 weeks.
Salary: 23-24k + benefits