Market Risk - Power, LNG and Emissions
Market Risk Analyst - Power, LNG & Emissions
£40,000 - £50,000 + bens + bonus
Risk Management & Middle Office Department
One of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. The company has a market capitalisation of €66 billion and has a near €100bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe’s largest natural gas Company. In November 2010, the client integrated its entire commodity trading activities into one Company, to create a leader in the global commodities trading arena. This entity will have a €40bn turnover and will become responsible for all the commodity trading.
This is a role for a risk analyst to join the Market Risk team. The role available is in the Power, LNG & Emissions market risk team. The team provides daily performance and market risk analysis for both the physical and financial trading business and will work very closely with the traders and the other parts of the business. This is a pivotal team in this dynamic business and experience of this area could lead to a range of interesting and challenging career options in the trading and shipping
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Prepare daily P&L, positions and risk reports to trading and management.
- Improve existing processes in terms of timeliness and efficiency.
- Assist senior analysts in various market risk projects.
This position reports to the Market Risk Manager of the Risk Management & Middle Office Department in London and includes the following interfaces:
- Internal - Front and Back Office, IT, other Middle Office units; Operations, Planning & Control, Finance.
- External - relevant industry contacts.
- Strong academic credentials with a numeracy-oriented specialization, preferably in Mathematics, Physics, Finance or quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of the Power, LNG & Emissions markets and relevant experience in trading environment are desired.
- Understanding of risk management instrument/tools, and ability to explain and calculate MTM and exposures.
- Ability to understand and discuss VaR, Stress and Greeks assisting in commentary and development.
- Strong Excel skills with macros and VBA knowledge.
- Working experience with ENDUR desired.
- Analytical and detailed mind.
- Pro-activity and efficiency, dedication and result oriented approach to work.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Structured and logical.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in rapidly changing environment, be self-disciplined and stress resilient.
- Strong team player.