The Payroll Administrator is responsible for delivery of all payroll related functions for the Group's 200+ employees (including permanent, fixed term contract and bank agency staff) in the UK and US.
The Payroll Administrator will manage the Group's monthly payroll process and support and work collaboratively with HR and 3rd party supplier in relation to payroll administration.
Small to medium sized health care organisation are looking to fill an immediate vacancy for a Payroll Administrator on a temporary basis.
- Responsible for processing the monthly payroll from start to finish including starter and leaver information, overtime payments, pensions, allowances, deductions (SSP, SMP, SPP, and AOE), bonuses, pay increases, absence (including unpaid sick leave), holiday, and manual calculations regarding NI, PSA and Tax deductions.
- In conjunction with HR, assist with the management and administration of Company Benefits which include but are not limited to pensions, childcare vouchers scheme, season ticket loan scheme.
- Responsibility for processing new starters and leavers including dealing with P45s and P46s.
- Responsibility for completing end of year paperwork such as P35s, P60s and P14s. Ensure accurate reporting to all relevant external bodies/agencies, e.g. to HMRC for RTI, etc.
- Proactively manage and deal with staff payroll queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Key contact with epay (third party online payslips provider) including user admin responsibilities, resetting passwords, managing the leaver process and dealing with staff epay specific queries. Produce a monthly data file, manipulating data accurately using Microsoft Excel pivot tables and vlook up functions and submit to external payroll provider (Paycheck and TriNet) in the required format.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of standing, historic and transactional payroll and employee data in the finance accounting system (Deltek).
- Accountability for payroll reporting, ensuring that reports are produced and delivered accurately and within agreed timescales, including departmental authorisation of overtime payments.
- Provide regular updates and reports to Human Resources (HR)
- Responsibility for reconciling PAYE and other control accounts. Post monthly payroll journals to nominal and project ledgers if required.
- Take responsibility for ensuring relevant data is maintained for ongoing P11D dispensation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HMRC and internal reporting processes.
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of the finance accounting system (Deltek) timesheet process and the consequent allocation of costs.
- Manage the processing of weekly timesheets.
- Preparation of payroll journals in line with the month-end close timetable.
- Any other necessary duties to fulfil requirements of the post or as directed by line manager.
The successful candidate will be:
- Immediately available
- Happy to commit to a 6mth contract
- Have extensive payroll experience
- Preferably have Deltek system exposure
- Have been a Payroll Administrator in the recent past
- Be able to commute to east London / The City easily
Immediate start for the right candidate in to this Payroll Administrator role.
Role is for 6 months minimum and will pay £25-30k pro rata.