Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Site Manager will take full responsibility for the completion of small to medium sized cabling projects or an element of a large project under the control of a Project Manager. The position will be site based as required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of supervisors and engineers to ensure all cable installations are installed to specification, on time and meet Redstone and Manufacturers quality standards
- Ensure all current Health & Safety requirements are met, carrying out Risk Assessments, drafting method statements and ensuring all H&S procedures are followed.
- Ensure stock is managed in a cost effective manner and that there are sufficient materials available at all times to ensure efficient installation.
- Order materials as required.
- Compile progress reports as required and / or provide information in a logical format to the Project Manager
- Carry out quality checks on all works carried out by the cabling engineers and ensure all required Quality Standards are met.
- Read and understand all site drawings, update 'as and when’ when work is completed.
- Attend and document client meetings and ensure all required actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Compile process and produce documentation as required to meet company and client standards.
- Draw up patching schedules and ensure timely implementation of any patching requirements.
- Ensure all required installations are documented as specified
- Draw up Operations and Maintenance manuals as required.
- As and when required assist in any urgent installation works.
- Ensure that project profitability is maximised at all times
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Manage and motivate engineers
- Enthusiastic and dynamic personality
- Work well under pressure able to deal with high work load
- A good level of Microsoft knowledge including Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and requirements
- Project completed on time, and according to programme.
- Quality of installation (100% snag free)
- Quality & completeness of documentation.
- Adherence to policies and procedures