Field Service Engineer
A leading global brand require an experienced Field Service Engineer for this mobile position based out of Bristol, you will have a good understanding of heavy machinery, diesel engines hydraulics and pneumatic systems.
Field Service Engineer
Main Purpose of the Role:
Primarily field based, the core function of the role would be to carry out mobile plant diagnostics, maintenance, servicing and repairs to a wide variety of machinery and equipment, including (but not limited to); diggers, dumpers, excavators, telehandlers/forklift trucks, agricultural machinery and power generators, to the highest levels of industry health and safety standards whilst also offering customers a world class level of aftercare and service.
This is very much a customer focused and facing position which requires the ability to build strong client relationships with both new and existing customers, offering efficient and value added service solutions whilst continuously promoting a professional and positive image of both yourself and the business.
- React to customer needs quickly, efficiently and effectively
- Use laptop diagnostic equipment and techniques to fault-find and identify machinery problems
- Service and maintain all equipment to manufactures specifications
- Operate a PDA unit for full job information and job write-up's
- Promote aftermarket products and services to all customers
- Maintain documented job history and knowledge base on all customers and their technical operations
- Feedback any important customer information to the company
- Meet and exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining profitability
- Any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role
Abilities, Skill Set and Experience:
To be considered for the role, you must meet (unless otherwise stated) the following criteria;-
A time served engineer, having served full mechanical apprenticeship - preferred
Hold relevant and applicable qualifications suitable to the role (City & Guilds level 3, NVQ level 3, BTEC, etc.) - essential
Hold a variety of applicable machinery and industry related certification (CITB, RTITB, NPORS, CSCS, IPAF, etc.) - minimum expectation here being FLT licence
Good knowledge and experience in heavy diesel mechanics - essential
Good knowledge and experience in heavy machinery hydraulic and pneumatic systems - essential
Good knowledge and experience in heavy machinery electrical systems - preferred
Computer literate, with a knowledge of Microsoft Office and customer relationship management software - preferred
Exceptional customer service and communication skills - essential
Full driving licence - essential
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com