Graduate Accounts Assistant - Award Winning Children's Retailer - London
Our client established themselves in 1997. Their vision was, and is, to help parents create happy, organised homes for their families. They've done this by broadening their range to include storage, furniture, room accessories and toys as well as all the practical stuff.
They were voted Best Children’s Retailer 2015 - if retail is your bag, read on, apply and let's get you an interview asap!
This is a full-time job opportunity. Salary: £18k.
Key responsibilities of the role:
To support the finance team in delivering accurate and timely management information, maintain accurate supplier records, reconcile bank accounts and monitor stock records.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Accurate coding, matching and entering supplier invoices onto Sage50
- Set up and maintain supplier accounts
- Handling and resolving supplier queries
- Check, code and enter supplier invoices and credit notes
- Verify supplier account balances to their supplier statements
- Prepare payment runs and send out remittance advice
- Reconciling the bank account, accurately allocating transactions
- Preparing for and processing two pay runs a week
- Stock control - reconciling invoices to stock received
- Preparing ad hoc analysis and reports
- Drawdown foreign currency
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Accurate recording of stock transactions
- Deliver supplier and warehouse reports and analysis
- Ordering of office stationery/consumables
- Communicate key issues to the team and department managers
- Build strong relationships across the business and with third parties
- Be proactive in identifying and solving business issues.
- Challenge and question existing practices to find new ways of doing things to ensure results are achieved
- Undertake ad hoc projects and analysis as requested
Key candidate requirements for the role:
- Educated to degree level
- Sound numerical and analytical skills
- Effective planning and organising skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Good oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Strong, flexible team player
- Ability to treat information with confidentiality
- Heaps of enthusiasm
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 Professional is ideal but not essential
- Advanced Excel
- Experience of preparing VAT Returns is a bonus
What are the perks of working for this company?
- In a head office of 30 people you’ll soon become an integral part of a friendly team.
- The team is multi-talented and will provide an educational and fun experience for anyone wanting to get into, or increase their understanding of, the finance function of a successful online retail business.