Responsible for month end and year end close duties, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and account analysis. Supervising a team of support staff
our client is a leading global organisation just outside of Torquay looking for a Finance Manager to join their finance function.
- Establishing and maintaining accounting standards, policies, procedures, and processes focusing on successfully implementing efficiencies to increase effectiveness
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording of all accounting transactions
- All month-close and financial reporting activities;
- Preparing and reviewing reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Ensuring that the accounting records are closed on a timely basis each month
- Maintaining auditable records
- Overseeing the management of fixed assets function
- Overseeing the management of VAT function
- Directly responsible for all general ledger accounting functions
- Responsible for intercompany billings, intercompany accounts reconciliations; reviewed and resolved monthly intercompany mismatches;
- Reporting and analysing departmental costs in comparison to trends and budget
- Responsible for banking transactions
- Supervise support staff
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
- 5 Years PQE
- Five years supervisory experience.
- 10 years accounting experience.
- Experience using JD Edwards preferred.
Strong analytical skills as well as problem solving skills are essential in this position. The ideal candidate would be a strong manager, proactive thinker and demonstrate an ability to mentor and grow the personnel reporting into this position. Good teamwork and collaborative skills are also a major requirement of this position.
on offer is a permanent position for a strong Finance Manager to join a global organisation.