Group Sales Accountant
Based in Manchester City Centre
Salary upto £40,000 Dependent on experience and qualifications + Benefits
Ensure the accurate and consistent calculation of sales figures across group companies, monitoring and reporting actual results against targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy finance team within a dynamic and fast growing sales-led group of companies.
Your strong accountancy discipline and analytical skills will be put to the test in this commercially driven role. You will play a key role, as part of the group finance function as it strives for a coordinated single version of the truth approach to reporting the big numbers within the business.
The role will focus on providing greater insight around the key elements of contract sales including lead channels, pricing, discounting, product mix and sales commissions. A key objective will be to wrap a robust commercial workflow process around a fast paced sales machine. The aim is to sharpen our approach and focus upon margin analysis to help better understand profit flows through the business. Ultimately, you need to help the business make the best decisions about pricing and product costing.
- Provide up-to-date reporting of each subsidiary performance and the group as a whole throughout the month, quarter and YTD.
- Ensure sales data architecture is robustly designed, maintained and scalable in order to regularly determine and set commission rate entitlement and monitor results against targets at both sales team and individual levels.
- Ensure data reconciliation procedures are rigorously maintained and developed between the Salesforce and Contract databases.
- Provide insight, analysis and reporting around the following areas:
- Lead conversion rates and costs
- Cost of acquisition and product/sector mix
- Pricing and discounting at individual levels and team
- Commissions analysis at individual levels and team
- Work closely with the Sales management team to ensure a strong two way communication process is implemented and effective.
- Work closely with the Management Accounts team to ensure revenue and commission costs are captured and recorded in the General Ledger, in line with relevant sales reporting categories.
- Contribute to the setting of sales budgets and forecasts, driving revenue and commission calculations. Provide monthly analysis and commentary around variances.
- Be an effective member of the Contract Authorisation and Commercial Review team.
- Work closely with the Payroll & Commissions Manager to ensure reconciliation procedures operate effectively, ensuring the accuracy of commission and bonus payments.
- Have a recognised accountancy qualification or be part qualified
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Have strong Excel skills and the ability to use other reporting tools such as 'tableau' would be desirable
- Previous experience of SQL reporting an advantage
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships within the finance function and sales teams
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join a fast paced and focused team, we offer a highly competitive benefits package which includes; 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Profit Share (Non contractual), Pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, Free Breakfast every Monday, Free exercise classes, Great social and charity events, and much more!
For more information and a confidential discussion, apply today with your up to date CV.