Functional Skills Tutor
Are you experienced in the Welfare to Work or Employability sector? Do you have experience as a Tutor working with young people?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Employability/Functional Skills Tutor to work from employer bases in London to tutor a cohorts of young people through employability skills and/or functional skills.
This position within a quality driven Grade 2 organisation, will allow you to draw on your experience teaching individuals, especially young people to better equip them to enter the workplace.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Design, deliver and assess accredited learning programmes to learners aged 16+
- To ensure learners are safe
- To administer the programmes, completing all necessary paperwork to a compliant and quality standard
Other specific responsibilities will include:
- To provide learners with an engaging induction on to programme.
- To design and deliver engaging lessons that provide differentiation
- To be responsible for learner attendance, ensuring targets are achieved
The ideal candidate will have a background in Employability//Functional Skills and experience working in the capacity of a tutor/teacher. You will have a proven background in working in a classroom setting. This may include working with NEETs and/or on Traineeship provision.
Candidates will need:
- A teaching or assessing qualification
- Level 2 in Maths and English
In return you will receive:
- A starting salary of £22,000 - £24,000pa
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK