Tactical Business Development Executive Tactical RDR
Tactical Retail Development Representative
Edinburgh/East of Scotland with extensive travel
£30,780 + Car + Holiday + Pension + OTE
Permanent, Full Time
Imperial Tobacco is a FTSE Top 25 organisation and one of the world's leading tobacco companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the world. Our UK Sales Market (ITUK) is the UK tobacco market leader manufacturing and distributing a wide ranging portfolio tobacco brands including factory made cigarettes, fine cut tobacco and other tobacco products.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tactical Retail Development Representative to come and join our Independent Retail division within the ITUK business. You will ideally be located in or around Edinburgh; primarily you will be covering the East Scotland down to Newcastle, although travel throughout Scotland, the North of England and Northern Ireland may be required occasionally. The role, therefore, requires the successful applicant to have the flexibility to stay overnight as required.
This is a tactical lev
el frontline sales role, focused on influencing the retailer to ensure the optimal volume, share and profit within an agreed range of products. The successful candidate will work with identified customers in the Independent Retail channel, and will benefit from a world class training programme, enabling them to build consistent availability of our products, and advocacy for our brands within this sector.
You will provide flexible support to the Sales teams across a wide geographic area, whilst building your selling skills and commercial capabilities.
- Build an in-depth understanding of customer needs and shopper dynamics.
- Sell in new products to meet the customer's identified needs.
- Drive customer advocacy for our brands through educating retailers in the tobacco market and industry legislation.
- Achieve volume, distribution, availability and coverage targets within defined area.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity.
- As a Tactical RDE, this role requires flexibility to move around a large geographic area, this will include regular staying away from home.
Skills & experience
- You are self-sufficient and self-motivated, managing time and resources effectively.
- You have strong communication and people skills, and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- You are able to use your initiative and to act independently when required.
- You have a strong will to succeed, and you set yourself stretching targets.
- You are efficient, accurate and timely in the administration associated with the role.
- Previous sales experience would be beneficial.
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.