Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Central London
Salary Range: £60,000 to £67,000 per annum
Role and Responsibilities:
Pre-construction and contract negotiation
- Assist with the negotiation of contract terms for build contracts and preparation of all contractual documents prior to financial close
- Understand the headlines of the land deal and appraisal
- Understand headlines of Funding/ Loan and Development Agreements
Consultant and sub-contract procurement / administration
- Agree Commercial Strategy and Procurement Strategy with Commercial Manager/ Managing Surveyor, Construction Director, Project Director and Contracts Manager. Implement accordingly
- Sub-contractor and consultant procurement carried out in line with Procurement Strategy and Procurement Schedule
- Preparation of fully comprehensive sub-contract orders and ensure that they are fully executed prior to the sub-contractor commencing on site
- Ensuring that the terms and conditions of sub-contract orders are agreed
- Management and administration of sub-contract accounts
- Issuing of all payment, pay less and other required notices under the sub-contract and main contract
- Preparation and issue of consultant appointments
- Preparation and conclusion of all consultant and sub-contractor warranties
- Administer Contract Records
- Positively discriminate in favour of sub-contractors who can demonstrate excellent health and safety standards
- Assisting with dispute avoidance, resolution or escalation as required. Flagging key issues to Commercial Manager/ Managing Surveyor.
- Prepare and manage scheme risk register
- Preparation and presentation of external valuations
- Dealing with bank monitors to ensure timely drawdowns each month
- Liaison with and service of other disciplines requirements - Marketing, Sales, Land, Finance etc
- Identification and valuation of variations (both main contract and sub-contract) at an early stage
- Maintaining at all times an up to date variation schedule picking up variations from all sources (drawings, design team meetings, client changes, RFI’s etc)
- Close liaison with Construction Director, Project Director, Commercial Manager/ Managing Surveyor and Contracts Manager at all times
- Full knowledge and understanding of our obligations under the Contract
- Measurement and valuation of all works
- Production of Loss and Expense claims when directed by Commercial Manager/ Managing Surveyor
- Production of Final Accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of Main Contract and Sub-Contract provisions and obligations
- Ensure that all contractual notices and letters are put in place
- Schedule out key Covenants within the Funding/ Loan Agreements and track/ report against the same at the monthly Project Review Meeting
- Ensure key scheme commercial points are tracked and reported at the monthly Project Review Meeting including;
o Schedule out overage clauses
o Notification of beneficiary as required
o Update forecasts
o Final calculation on completion
o Spec enhancements
Cost control and reporting
- Monthly cost reporting (CVR) to Mount Anvil minimum standards including accurate forecast cost to complete every month
- Forecast BCIS inflation as part of monthly CVR
- Full understanding, control and allowance for VAT issues
- Input into quarterly all-scheme benchmarking
- Participation in value engineering workshops and promptly costing all alternatives
- Detailed understanding of the cost plan and what we are contracted to build
- Preparation and management of the project cashflow to maximise the cash position on the project
- Report all figures up to Commercial Manager/ Managing Surveyor in required format within prescribed timescales.
Relevant experience and skills required:
- Significant experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor with involvement in setting the Commercial Strategy and ensuring all goals are achieved successfully.
- Experience working in Sub-Contractor Procurement.
- A strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of cost reporting and summary.
- Experience in managing sub contract accounts, issuing payments and administering all contract records.
- MRICS/ MCIOB, or BSc. In Quantity Surveying, Urban Development or similar.
Advert opening date: 8th May 2017
Closing date: 5th June 2017