Do you have an understanding of biological and chemical waste treatment? Are you looking to take on a new challenge? If so our client are now recruiting for a Leachate Technician and are looking for individuals just like you!
The company is one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, they put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work with our client. They are at the forefront of the UK`s green economy and are one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. They use smart people and smart technology to deliver their vision, bringing people together to give the world`s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth they now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Leachate Technician to join their team in Ipswich, working 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday with an occasional weekend.
Leachate Technician key responsibilities:
• Monitoring, operating and maintaining leachate management assets across the region such that regulatory compliance requirements are fulfilled and the financial burden minimised.
• Carrying out monitoring, analysis, record keeping and reporting on the status of leachate management assets and associated equipment.
• Responsibility for the upkeep and calibration of all plant, equipment and tools used in monitoring, operation and maintenance of leachate management assets in line with routine and planned preventative maintenance schedules.
• Inspection of leachate management assets and raising work orders for maintenance and repairs when required.
• Ensuring that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management Systems is effective and accurately completed after each task.
• Adhering to operational standards, processes and procedures for the management of leachate at the Company`s operational and closed landfill sites in the region.
• Supervising and controlling internal and external personnel.
• Participating in a call out rota to provide cover for work that is required at the weekends, and outside of normal working hours.
• Collaborating with colleagues in the Landfill Energy business to optimise the management of leachate from landfill sites to minimise costs and enhance LFG production and site sustainability.
The ideal Leachate Technician:
In order to be successful for this role, you will possess:
• Full UK driving licence.
• A good general level of education, with relevant practical experience.
• Understanding of the operation of leachate management systems and process control.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines and constantly juggle priorities.
• Well organised and logical thinker, with high attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to problem solve, using initiative - sometimes with no direct supervision.
• Basic ICT literacy including Office.
• Good written and oral skills Experience of working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
In return for your hard work, you can expect to receive a salary of £23,000 - £30,000 per annum with a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Leachate Technician, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 22nd May 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.