Senior Management Accountant
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Management Accountant to join my client, an established company based in Manchester. The purpose of the role is to provide a full finance and accounting function for a group of companies, and to produce management accounts and other financial information.
- Produce and review accurate, timely and relevant management accounts to an agreed timetable.
- Produce weekly cash forecasting, check BACs payments and produce monthly timetables.
- Analyse variances against budgets and report back through Financial Controllers and to company heads and Managers, to enable the development of action to address major variances identified.
- Maintain and update month end control files to ensure that an audit trail is maintained on a monthly basis.
- Prepare statutory financial information including detailed audit file for year-end audit.
- Liaise with auditors during audit process to provide analysis of financial results and key control documents.
- Attend annual audit close out meetings to discuss audit findings with Audit Partner, Finance Director, Senior Financial Controller and Operational Directors.
What are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have recently worked as a Senior Management Accountant or in a similar role.
- Previous Management Accountant experience.
- Will be qualified or working towards an accounting qualification, have worked as a management accountant, and carried out management accounting, cash flow analysis and completion of control files.
- Knowledge of management and financial accounting and preferably either qualified or working towards a recognised accounting qualification or similar.
- Detailed knowledge of excel spreadsheet functionality and Agresso.
The production of management accounts is key to the running of all companies within the Group and in enabling senior managers to make meaningful decisions based on the production of timely and accurate financial information
The post holder will be looking after one or more of the Group companies and will need to be flexible in relation to being able to cover a wide range of other companies or business units as necessary.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.