Trade Sales Assistant
Reports to Branch Manager
Rosta basis - 1 day off or 3 days off
Mon -Fri 8.00 - 17.00
Sat 9.00 - 17.00
Sun 10.00 - 16.00
Salary £20K rising to £21K
The role is to support the Branch Manager with the following tasks:
· Deliver excellent customer service that exceeds all customer’s expectations
· Approaching customers and ensuring that they are dealt with efficiently, courteously and as promptly as possible.
· Dealing with customers’ orders and queries in a confident, efficient and professional manner
· Comprehensive product knowledge (enabling alternatives to be suggested to customers and expert advice given)
· Wherever possible, identifying improvements to processes to enhance customer service, reduce costs, improve margin etc.
· Matching the needs of the customer to the best product available, remembering upselling and stock levels!
· Ensuring all deliveries are checked off accurately, promptly and that relevant paperwork is passed on efficiently and quickly.
· Resolving any customer issues/enquiries to a satisfactory conclusion.
· Keeping paperwork precise and clear so that tasks may be followed by colleagues (particularly whoever is covering for your day off).
· Create effective, up-to-date displays in the showroom, ensuring that all products are clearly coded, priced and kept clean and well presented.
· Be prepared to deputise effectively in the absence of the Retail Manager or Assistant Manager
· Assist customers with putting products in their vehicles.
· Take in deliveries by way of handballing or counter balance forklift, following the Company processes at all times
· Keep warehouse area clean and tidy
· Ensure all paperwork is completed and dealt with correctly
· Keep a customer friendly, working environment and follow the clear-desk policy at the end of each day
· Prepare and assist with stocktakes adhering to Company procedure
· Supplied company uniform to be worn at all times and kept neat, clean and presentable, ensuring work wear and appearance standards are adhered to
· Assist with the training and development of all new recruits
· Report any Health and Safety issues to your line manager
· Take on any reasonable ad hoc duties to ensure the smooth running of The Company