Accounts Payable Clerk
Excellent opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join a market leading employer based in Eastleigh
Your new role
Expect typical duties expected of an Accounts Payable Clerk. With your extensive experience in the post you will be fully conversant with the core transactions and feel comfortable hitting the ground running.
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Accurate processing of high volumes of Creditor invoices in line with company procedures
- The timely payment of Creditors and preparation of BACS runs to strict deadlines
- Liaising with Creditors, Procurement and employees both verbally and in writing to resolve payment / invoice queries
- Review of aged Creditors, old invoices in query and debit balances
- Resolve and deal with legal letters and court actions
- Ensure all subcontractor's payments are made in accordance with Inland Revenue rules
- Scanning of invoices as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
The individual in this space should be an established AP clerk with a firm understanding of the function. Whilst the role does offer progressional routes in the long term, this individual should have stability in mind and be comfortable in the AP space for the foreseeable.
- Previous Accounts Payable experience essential
- Ability to work under pressure and process high volumes of invoices
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Good interpersonal skills (for dealing with staff and suppliers)
- The ability to prioritise workload
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong time management skills
- Good attention to detail
What you'll get in return
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare after 6 months
- Free Parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.