FTSE listed property and construction services group, focusing in particular on the local authority, housing association and private rented sectors undertaking thousands of repairs in nearly a million homes across the UK on annual basis. They have created a brand new role for a Senior Estimator to support the vendor management function who will be responsible for managing the sourcing, negotiation of contracts with suppliers of goods and subcontracts in order to manage or win specified client projects. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Liaising with clients and suppliers to ensure projects are efficiently managed through the pricing and tendering process - generating quotations, PQQ's and tender submissions for minor and/or major works of values £3M - £20M per annum.
- Manage all aspects of quoted works process in order to maximise revenue
- Estimate the costs of projects accurately in order to meet or exceed the client's expectations
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise financial value
- Development of margin bridges where necessary
- Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely and on time
- Implement any relevant policies including those for SHE and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of pricing of direct labour including TUPE, Pensions, outputs, efficiency, etc.
- Promote companies values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Working with all operational and support functions in establishing the net prices
- Obtain the best market quotations
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions
- Flag any process improvement ideas internally or externally to line manager
- Work closely with key stakeholders, communicating effectively in order to complete projects
- Attend tender settlement meetings and present net tender and commercial analysis.
- Undertake project debrief and contract handover review meetings.
- Benchmarking of key operational and material costs
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience of Repairs & Maintenance and Planned Maintenance contracts or similar
- Strong commercial awareness and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- IT skills, preferably Excel, Word, PowerPoint and estimating software
- Quantity Surveying experience or qualification a bonus
This is a fantastic opportunity to join and amazing organisation with a benefits package including a Bonus, Company Car and share options alongside the usual pension and life assurance etc. We would like to hear from self-motivated and committed candidates who will relish the day to day as well as strategic challenges this role will present. Please send your CV asap!