Accounts Assistant - Newark
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Accounts Assistant to join my Clients team, based at their Newark Office
My client is one of the largest independent East Midlands based accountancy firms with 11 offices and more than 370 team members working with a variety of clients. Recently awarded regional winner of the ICAEW medium accountancy firm for 2016, an award we received in 2014, 2015 & 2016.
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts, management accounts, book keeping, VAT returns and other assignments as required.
1. The preparation of client accounts, up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval/ signing off by their manager or partner (either at the office and/or at client premises)
2. Book keeping, VAT returns and management accounts (either at the office and/or at clients premises).
3. To review the work they are undertaking and refer to their manager/partner any tax compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the group.
4. To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect, and to know their own limitations in advising the client on accounting and tax matters.
5. To promptly report to their manager/partner any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice.
1. Must be AAT qualified, in the final year of the AAT qualification or qualified by experience.
2. Must be able to prepare accounts to final stage.
3. Must be able and willing to travel to client’s premises to provide services onsite.
4. Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills.
5. Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
6. Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
7. Must have experience of working in an accounting practice.
• Childcare Vouchers
• Company pension scheme
• Annual holiday purchase scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme
To Apply for the position of Accounts Assistant please see below