Head Chef/Catering Manager Southampton
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager: Southampton.Crosby & Perrin Business Solutions are working with a national charity, but this role is based in Southampton, Netley. They provide respite care in a holiday setting for disabled people and carers for over 50 years. They also offer inspirational opportunities for volunteers through one of the largest and most diverse volunteering programmes of any UK charity.
They need a Head Chef/Catering Manager to run a team of three and create a rota to cover 60-70 diners at breakfast, lunch and dinner. (this role is slightly different as work-life balance is a lot better than working in a a 'la cart restaurant/bistro).
This is an ideal opportunity for a sous chef or head chef to progress to and run their own kitchen. The food style is all home cooked food so creativity is a must here.
Hours of work: Working 5 out of 7 days Sunday to Saturday.
Salary: £22K plus per annum.
Staff responsibilities: You will be expected to manager a 2nd chef and two commis.
Food Preparation NVQ Level 2 & 3 or equivalent.
Up to date food safety, health & safety trained.
Leadership and Management qualifications would be preferable.
- Running the team, organizing rotas and shifts, personal management, holiday cover management and organising sick cover.
- Quality control, portion control, P&L and S&O Management.
- Ordering of stock.
- Working to company branded menu, but also creating new dishes.
- Work under pressure.
- Must be able to cook!!
- Motivate staff and see that they are moving forward in their own professional development. Teaching the team to cook new dishes, whilst pushing for a high quality of food service to residents.
- Must be up to date in allergen policies and be HSO compliant.
If role interests you then please call Phill Ellis on or (Ext: 0010). Also, please email your CV to