Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant
Are you a confident Management Accountant who would like to develop their management skills while also spending more time with operational and commercial teams providing insight? Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a logistics organisation in Coventry who are looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join at a crucial time and help deliver change across the business.
The organisation are going through a period of change due to a recent takeover and require individuals who are hungry and can adapt in a fast paced environment. They are willing to offer daily exposure to the MD, COO and Sales Directors to ensure the incumbent builds on their business partnering skillset in a large organisation. The role will also offer line management for two part qualified accountants and it will be your role to allocate duties and develop them to take on more responsibility.
As the Senior Management Accountant you will be involved in:
- Preparation and production of accurate monthly management accounts
- Highlighting key financial issues through strong analysis and financial support
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments covering, but not limited to un-invoiced accruals, and credit note reserves journals
- Production and management of accurate weekly flash report ensuring results are understood, discussed with stakeholders and supported by strong analysis with key issues communicated
- Production and management of the monthly financial reporting packs and scorecards, with the business performance understood, communicated to the business and supported by strong, effective and relevant analysis
- Produce ad hoc reports which supports the business needs based on emerging issues from the weekly/monthly results
- Analysis of operational performance to ensure drop costs are managed and understood
- Production and input into customer profitability ensuring mode of operation is understood and appropriately recorded in the customers profit statement
- Monitoring and understanding product and customer margins with key issues highlighted and communicated to the business
Is the Senior Management Accountant role right for me?
If you are looking for a move that will offer real variety in a large fast paced organisation and opportunities to develop management skills alongside daily interaction with the senior management team, then this could be an exciting prospect. The role is challenging and as a business they will expect individuals to go above and beyond to ensure that deadlines are met and tight financial controls are in place and in return will help to develop you further and provide a range of potential career paths.
You will ideally have logistics experience or experience within a sector where you have daily interaction with challenging stakeholders and qualified ACCA or CIMA. Previous line management experience would be an advantage in addition to a strong background producing management accounts.
The next move after this would see you managing a larger team or stepping away from the month end process and into a true business partnering role.
Senior Management Accountant Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- 6 monthly Bonuses
- Private Healthcare
If interested In the Senior Management Accountant role, please contact Alex Britton on