A fantastic opportunity to join one of our favourite clients, at an exciting time of growth for the business. Please note, this is a FTC for 1 year, although there is a strong possibility that this role could extend further beyond this.
The Executive will have responsibilities for developing and implementing integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns to achieve business objectives and ensure they are delivered on time, to budget and to a high standard, utilising both on and offline channels.
The role will have responsibility for a variety of communications to clients across content marketing and PR; you will need exceptional copywriting skills, good judgement and excellent attention to detail.
Therefore, key to the success of this role will be a natural ability with content and public relations and the effective account management of marketing activities for the business; maintaining and building strong relationships with other Institute staff and departments.
The successfull applicant must be a strong all-rounder and a goal focused team player. You will also be self-motivated, have the ability to manage external and internal relationships, be able to work under pressure, take responsibility and show initiative, and have excellent writing and communication skills as well as a strong visual sense.
PR and Corporate Communication activities
The role acts as marketing lead and main contact for press office and PR function and support in Corporate Communications:
Key activities include:
- Developing written editorial, news items and press releases for publication, across a variety of publications
- Development and implementation of PR plan with Marketing and Communications Manager
- Responding to media enquiries in a timely manner
- Helping produce corporate publications and literature from initial concept to final delivery and distribution
- Maintaining press contacts system
- Developing and managing a media monitoring and reporting programme
Responsible for the development of effective content to drive traffic and engagement that leads to the acquisition and retention of customers:
- Working with key content generation departments and volunteers to generate and apply relevant content for the our audiences
- Working across online and offline channels, placing and adapting content respectively to suit audience and channel
- Working across business functions to develop and deliver a content marketing strategy and editorial plan
- Creating and writing content across a wide range of subject areas in facilities management
- To have a journalistic and editorial mindset; seeking and developing content that our audience is looking for and optimising their path to conversion
- To be skilled in understanding and developing insights into audience profiles, personas and segments
- To have an understanding of SEO, content categorisation, structuring, development, distribution and measurement
- Management and coordination of content development projects
- To have an understanding of best practices on social media, digital channels, email marketing and channel management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, listening, customer service and account management.
Marketing Account Management and Integrated Campaigns
Responsible for implementing and coordinating integrated marketing campaigns for allocated projects within the Institute to reach set business objectives:
- Working with the relevant business departments to understand and account manage their marketing and promotion requirements
- Integrated campaign management - i.e. this could include direct marketing (mail and email), advertising both on and offline, PR, social media, SEO, events, telemarketing, multi-media (audio/video) content and collateral production
- Liaising with and managing external supplier relationships
- Working with and understanding BIFM’s CRM and using it to create targeted marketing campaigns
- Copywriting for emails, adverts, news releases, website, brochures and newsletters
- Creating and coordinating the production of publications/marketing collateral
- Coordinating the promotion schedule with the other marketing team members to avoid clashes and leverage joint opportunities
- Producing communications within the corporate identity and brand guidelines.
- To collate, report and analyse marketing performance indicators as appropriate to report on campaign results.
- Experience in delivering integrated marketing campaigns, across the full marketing communications mix, to measurable results
- Experience of website content management, CMS, SEO
- Email marketing; experience in e-communications, HTML email campaigns and e-newsletters
- Experience of PR
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Good administrative skills
- Excellent ability to understand and segment different customer and prospect groups, and working with CRM systems to effectively target and position campaigns for results
- Excellent attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and an eye for proof reading
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Email software packages
- Website (CMS) editing
- Good administrative skills
- Good mathematical skills to be able to calculate interpret and report on campaign statistics
- Good research skills and an analytical thinker
- Excellent copywriting skills (must have excellent and accurate written English, spelling and grammar) with good writing and editing ability