Lead Highways Engineer Project Manager
Job Title: Lead Highways Engineer / Project Manager
Salary: £40K - £45K
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Highways Project Manager to join our Special Projects Team. The role will require Project Management and the supervision of Site Staff to deliver highway improvement schemes to programme and budget across the South East.
1. Coordinate deliverables and liaison with stakeholders
2. Deliver highway improvement Schemes to programme and budget.
3. Provide professional and technical competence and mentoring in highway engineering.
4. Report to the Lead Project Manager on performance against budget and programme.
5. Liaise with other project managers or support disciplines to deliver the agreed outcomes.
6. Prepare briefs, works instructions, designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for approval by HA and instruct design teams to undertake works
7. Monitor and check designs and ensure they meet the brief.
8. Ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of quality.
9. Travel to meetings, internal or external and works sites.
10. Review payment / cost requests / variations from design team on the work package
Qualifications & Experience Required:
1. Relevant vocational qualifications (MEng / MSc/ BEng / BSc / HNC and HND)
2. Section S278
3. Broad skills, knowledge and competence of design standards for highways (DMRB etc.)
4. Knowledge of the HA procedures necessary to deliver highway projects
5. Knowledge and use of computer design applications related to highway design
6. Understanding of H&S requirements
7. Broad knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
8. Excellent communication skills
9. Knowledge of Quality Management and Integrated Management System
10. Recent experience of coordinating interfaces with other disciplines
11. Recent experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.