My client is a leading engineering manufacturing business with a modern facility in Sheffield, profitable and with a full order book they are now looking for an ambitious Production Manager.
It's a predominately hands on role where you will significantly improve the efficiency of the company's developing labour force, this will be achieved by implementing modern lean manufacturing techniques and robust processes to maximise efficiency whilst maintaining flexibility and delivery performance.
- To promote, develop and direct the combined business vision and mission with the General Manager.
- Drive and deliver an ethos of continuous improvement through total quality management, efficiency and expediency throughout the entire production facility.
- Prepare and deliver approved comprehensive Production improvement plan working with senior management team
- Implement management systems to monitor progress to ensure the Company attains its production objectives, budget targets met and that revenue flows are maximised and that variable and fixed costs are controlled and minimised.
- Report directly on a regular basis to the General Manager to update overall performance and Production teams KPI targets and objectives are being achieved, and process improvements being implemented.
- Ensure that the Production facility meets all HSE & Environmental compliance
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Consideration will also be given to candidates with apprenticeship background and those without formal qualifications, if they have the required skills, attributes and experience.
- A strong successful Production manager from within the manufacturing sector, essentially with CNC and grinding machining knowledge and understanding
- Technically competent (mechanical engineering)
- Understands Lean manufacturing and KPI’s
- A proven track record of delivery in a rapidly changing, complex and demanding growth environment.