Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Data Centres and Labs
We are working with a well-known global building services consultancy to identify a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with previous Data Centre experience for their London office.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will work closely with end-user technology, financial services telecommunications companies and help design, manage, deliver and oversee the commissioning of new data centres across the UK, Europe and the UAE.
Based in their state of the art office in central London you will enjoy working for a company who are passionate about developing, rewarding and retaining their staff and have a reputation for delivering low energy, fully integrated innovative projects across the globe.
This is a client facing role for a commercially aware Senior Mechanical Engineer who has a minimum of five years' experience in the design and delivery of mission critical facilities. It's imperative that you can design, lead and manage medium sized projects, coordinate a team of engineers and deliver state of the art data centres, laboratories or highly resilient SER's on behalf of major universities or research facilities.
- Developing robust ventilation and cooling solutions to be used in heavily controlled environments such as data centres, laboratories, clean rooms or SER's.
- Carry out engineering calculations using computer software and also by hand to cross check the results.
- Attending factory testing to ensure the specified equipment is performing as expected.
- Overseeing the construction of new facilities and monitoring the installation and operational of ventilation and cooling services.
- Testing these services to ensure functional specifications are achieved and strict health and safety standards are maintained.
- Producing technical reports on mechanical ventilation and cooling installations.
- Lead client, design team and weekly / biweekly progress meetings.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the work produced by trainee and Graduate Engineers; checking their designs and specifications.
- Choosing when to use modular systems or more traditional methods of data centre construction.
- For existing Data Centres, providing clients with expert advice on how to improve the PUE of their data centres and also strategies to reduce maintenance costs.
This is a great opportunity to join a stable, well led and well managed international building services consultancy and work on a range of medium to large scale complex projects and enjoys working in a collaborative and unified team environment. REF 1497