Project Logistics Manager
This large M&E Contractor, who deliver a range of International projects within the Rail, Airports, Highways, Power and Defence sectors, are now looking for a Project Logistics Manager.
Able to demonstrate experience from within the M&E project environment, the successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Schedule all subcontractors and materials deliveries for a number of UK and International Projects through weekly logistic meetings.
- Minimise construction delays by efficiently prioritising deliveries and materials around site.
- Prioritise works and allocations of resources for each particular tasks within the budget and time schedule.
- Oversee the site waste management plan and look at ways to save money by implementing waste recycling and segregation procedures and enforcing these by ''Site clear up notices''
- Encouraging all suppliers to collect and reuse their empty pallets, crates and stillages.
- Review R.A.M.S. and specs prior hoists installation.
- Prepare regular interval logistic site plans and updates on the site information boards.
- Conduct daily site inspection audits to ensure that work was progressing in a Health & Safety manner and housekeeping kept in high standards.
- Promote and integrate behavioural safety initiatives on site through inductions, morning briefings and regular toolbox talks.
- Procure tools & equipment necessary for the building process, keep updating the records of the ''live hire reports'' to reduce spend by the off hire of unnecessary equipment.
- Keep a daily site diary and labour allocation sheets, weekly reports.
- Assist each contracts manager with provision of site logistic plan.
- In the case of International and Overseas projects organize cost effective, JIT transport for materials, labour and equipment.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate substantial experience of the Construction sector, in particular M&E. The candidate will be familiar with a wide range of M&E Materials and equipment.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working as a Project Logistics Manager on medium and large sized Construction Projects.
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent salary package, an interesting role and long-term career prospects.