Our client, a global banking organisation, is looking to recruit a qualified accountant with excellent financial planning and analysis experience to join them as a Financial Analyst. Based in central London, you'll work in the heart of this company's finance setup not only driving accurate reporting and analysis but also engaging strategically across the business with various internal commercial stakeholders.
This role will give see the Financial Analyst lead monthly and quarterly reporting, delivering forecasts, and drive operational planning. This is very much as 'hands-on' role and you'll need to deliver strategic and business reviews on a regular basis. Core duties will include the following:
- Oversee the coordination and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual planning
- Provide continual finance analysis of data within your space within the business, that allows senior management to drive business profitability and efficiency
- Work with colleagues not only in wider finance but across the business to ensure financial planning and reporting activities are accurate
- Ensuring on-going improvement in reporting and planning processes, and systems
- Providing commercial insight and management information to support internal decision-makers and thus enhance business performance
The successful Financial Analyst will have the following profile:
- A fully Qualified Accountant
- Experience working in a large corporate environment
- Significant experience of working in a busy financial analysis / planning (FP&A) role
- An industry background in Banking or Financial Services would be hugely advantageous, although candidates who've worked in environments such as FMCG, Oil & Gas or Energy could also be suitable
- Ability to work closely and build relationships with senior commercially-driven stakeholders across the rest of a corporate business
- A strong and proficient user of Microsoft packages, such as Excel (V-lookups, Macros, Pivot tables)
- Thrives on pressure and working in a continually demanding commercial environment
The successful Financial Analyst will receive an annual basic salary of up to £65,000 depending on experience along with a company benefits package on top.