Our client is a leading plant hire business and due to their continued success Staffbase has been appointed to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Mechanical Fitter.
The successful candidate will have excellent HGV, heavy plant maintenance experience. Hydraulics and / or some vehicle electrics diagnostic and repair skills is essential. You will work primarily at our client's maintenance workshop near Melton Mowbray.
Reporting to the maintenance manger the successful applicant will be required to undertake planned and service, inspection and repair activities associated with the maintenance of a large fleet of HGV vehicles and other heavy mobile plant.
The role is workshop based however you will be required to attend on-site breakdowns if and when necessary.
Duties will include but is not limited to the following;
- Vehicle servicing
- Fault finding and diagnostics
- Repairs to mechanical and ancillary equipment, hydraulics and bodywork, ensuring that all repairs are carried out efficiently and cost-effectively
- Overhaul of used equipment ready for sale
- Pre- and post-hire checks
- Vehicle inspections
- MOT preparation
- Service & maintenance visits to customer sites in England and Wales
- Completion of relevant paperwork, ensuring that all work undertaken is compliant
We are looking for a reliable and experienced mechanical fitter who has excellent knowledge of HGV / diesel engines, hydraulics, pneumatics.
- Mechanical engineer with hydraulics experience is essential
- Electrics experience an advantage
- Full driving licence is essential
- HGV Class 2 licence advantage
- Mig Welding capabilities
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
28 days annual leave