Web Trading Manager
The UK's leading gift experience provider are currently looking for a Web Trading Manager.
You will be responsible for driving profitable sales growth through the website, with focus on sales and conversion targets, and the development of new trading strategies to ensure profitable growth. This role is support by a team (currently x2) of website executives, who have a day to day focus on ensure the webste is fully optimised and delivered across all marketing channels and mobile devices.
You will sit within the Marketing department, reporting into the Head of eCommerce.
About the eCommerce Team
The eCommerce Team is a team of traders, website merchandisers, web designers, and UX specialists. Together they are accountable for ensuring the delivery of B2C sales and conversion targets through all marketing channels within budgeted spend constraints. The team co-ordinates across many different areas of the business, including digital marketing and acquisition, buying, fulfilment and IT.
- Work alongside Head of eCommerce and wider marketing team to drive actions to support B2C business sales
- Support web trading team to implement all key onsite campaigns, including seasonal trading peaks, PR campaigns
- Support web trading team to achieve individual category and margin targets, though a focus on improving individual product performance
- Support web trading team to implement CRO at a page/device level
- Work alongside content team to optimise the product range and mix, and report on the impact of any actions
- Work alongside Head of eCommerce and Head of Acquisition, to develop a segmentation strategy for key marketing channels and user groups
- Work alongside Head of eCommerce to develop and implement a stronger product led discounting strategy
- Work alongside channel managers (PPC, Affiliate, SEO, CRM) to analyse trends for key products, and to help optimise/convert traffic coming to products and to plan activity to support product sales through all channels
- Work alongside UX team to identify customer drop out points, or low converting functionality, and propose technical developments to alleviate these pinch points
- Play leading role in development and implementation of AB testing strategy, with a specific focus on content and trading tests
- Manage web trading team to deliver in their day to day responsibilities, and ensure personal growth
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
This role will best suit an individual who is well organised, pragmatic, and a lateral thinker, with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Commercial web trading experience - minimum 2 years
- Exceptional web analytics knowledge (SiteCatalyst/Omniture, Google Analytics, Coremetrics)
- Able to demonstrate exposure to and experience of driving trade and/or managing a budget to achieve commercial targets
- High attention to detail with an ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural planner, looking ahead, anticipating and escalating issues before they arise, providing solutions, and meeting deadlines
- Quick learner with ability to think pro-actively and build solid working relationships with wider members of the business
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
Desirable Skills, but not essential
- Experience of using Endeca
- Experience of working with UX/development teams